Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business-critical initiatives. We are hiring Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning to be a key part of this mission, come and join us!
- Enable end-to-end model deployment. Understand all stages of model development from data QA and feature generation to productionizing of the model in Big Data environment.
- Bring the expertise in cutting-edge machine learning algorithms and model development infrastructure, tools and technologies suited for Big data. Guide internal teams in building deployable and scalable machine learning models.
- Build out the data pipelines and model deployment infrastructure needed to productionize machine learning models developed to power in-App features as well as drive decisions across growth, marketing, finance, marketplace operations, and community service.
- Lead collaboration with Analytics, Data Science and all business teams and help deliver Machine learning based Data products across the company.
- 5+ years of overall server infrastructure development experience with 2 years of experience in designing and building APIs for machine learning model deployment in mobile applications.
- Experience with Spark (SparkML, Spark Streaming, SparkSQL, Py-Spark, SparkR, etc.)
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with distributed Big Data technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Kafka, Storm, Elasticsearch).
- An excellent understanding of both traditional statistical modeling and Machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
- Deep interest in learning both the theoretical and practical aspects of working with and deriving insights from data.
- Understanding of distributed systems and large-scale engineering challenges is plus.
Please note that Poshmark will not sponsor work-related visa for this role.
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark’s mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark’s community of over two million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 25 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world’s leading venture capital institutions including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Inventus Capital, SoftTech VC, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- A 13” MacBook Pro and smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events