LinkedIn’s mission is to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. To support its strong international growth, LinkedIn is seeking an exceptional, passionate and experienced Senior BD Manager who will drive the growth of the LinkedIn business across EMEA core markets UK and France.
The role will be responsible for a) gaining a deep understanding of the ecosystems within which LinkedIn operates, and in turn inform key stakeholders so to help shape our country and go-to-market strategies, b) define the BD country strategy and c) manage strategic partnerships end to end lifecycle (prospect pipelining, negotiation, project management, partner management). The BD partnerships will cover both integrations with platforms that our enterprise customers use (Application Tracking Systems, HCM, CRM etc) as well as partnerships with key industry leaders (such as publishers, job boards, trade events organisers etc.) that help drive value to our members.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with talented teams to contribute to the continued success of LinkedIn’s international growth. The role will report to the Director of EMEA BD, collaborate with the broader International BD team as well as the HQ based peers. Finally the role will partner closely with the UK and France country managers.
What makes LinkedIn such a unique and rewarding place to work is how we live and breathe our values. The successful candidate will be one that will thrive with working in an environment where relationships matter, excellence is demanded and everyone acts as an owner
Territory. UK and France
Market strategy and opportunity analysis
- Develop and maintain a deep and up to date understanding of the ecosystems within which LinkedIn operates (hiring, marketing, sales and learning marketplaces).
- Autonomously define and proactively share insights on existing and emerging key players, market segmentation, competitive threats and collaboration opportunities.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders including the Head of EMEA BD, the BD team in HQ, the R&D team, the Business Operations team by sharing the above analysis so to help shape our country and product strategies.
- Autonomously define and present in a compelling way to our senior management team the Business Development strategies for UK and France markets in alignment with our country and product strategies.
Business Development deal execution
- Autonomously and collaboratively lead or support the execution of multiple concurrent, at times complex, platform integration partnership projects that can range across different market industries
- Develop, prioritize and execute deal pipeline examining risk and potential as well as understanding the partner’s goals.
- Work with support functions (for example Partner Engineering and Legal) to plan resources as well as execute partnership implementation
- Manage all stages of the deal process, from negotiation to execution by engaging with both the prospective partners as well as internal stakeholders (i.e. Head of EMEA BD, BD leads in HQ, Product, Legal, regional leaders, Biz Ops and Finance as needed)
Business Development Partner management.
- Manage and optimise complex partnerships (bespoke deals, partner-oriented initiatives) post deal execution through regular partnership reviews, performance tracking and analysis
- Assess and execute additional strategic opportunities with existing partners
The successful candidate will partner closely with the UK and France Country Managers
Travel required across the EMEA region as well as the US.
- 7+ years experience in BD or a combination of BD and corporate development, business operations, product management or related functions in the digital space
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a product management, business development, corporate development and/or corporate strategy role strongly preferred
- Experience in an analyst program of a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, venture capital firm or private equity firm
Strong strategic thinking and BD experience
- Demonstrable experience in independently conducting market analysis and strategy definition
- Ability to conceptualize and drive strategy for growing and optimizing partner programs, which are tied to impact on major business goals
- Demonstrable success in leading BD efforts that had significant and measurable impact on the business.
Business development skills
- Proven track record of framing, negotiating and closing multiple complex agreements simultaneously, working across different functions, managing and coaching partners.
- Proven track record in initiating, managing and scaling partnerships over a longer period of time
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of platform integrations
- Strong versatility in working across different business verticals and markets in the tech sector
Communication, collaboration and executive presence
- Excellence in communicating, including complex concepts, with clarity and succinctness to stakeholders across the world both orally and in writing
- Ability to engage confidently at CXO level
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for engaging, sharing and working as a team with colleagues from both BD as well as other departments.
- Autonomous Productivity. Ability to be highly productive in an unstructured environment with little oversight from senior management
- Superior analytical ability. Comfortable with structuring and conducting quantitative analysis to develop data driven decisions to grow partnerships, identify new areas of opportunity and demonstrate business impact of our partnerships to internal and external stakeholders
- Creative Problem Solving and persistence Continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles, both internal and external
- Ownership Mentality. Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Strive for and demands excellence for self and others. Passionate about the success of the company, business, and partner
- Fluent English and (strongly preferred) good French