Over the last few years, we’ve built out an exceptional team, and a solid platform to support our users, work with partners, and attract new subscribers. However, we see this as only the beginning of our Premium business.
The challenge ahead is to scale the people, culture, technology and business for our Spotify Premium service platform. We believe there is much more we can do to improve our existing offering, expand the market and craft innovative experiences for consumers and partners alike.
What We’re Looking For
We’re searching for someone to lead one of our London based design organisations (we call them product areas or tribes), focused on the platforms and services that will power Spotify Premium growth. Our design leaders partner with their tech, product, and insights counterparts, balancing input and strategy from our Marketing and business stakeholders, to deliver exceptional tools, experiences, and results for our users and partners alike.
To be successful, you have experience in the following areas:
- Motivation – You are someone who has a deep appreciation for the role that Premium features, marketing and payments can play in a service such as Spotify, and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organisation.
- Management & leadership – You have practical management experience with designers in agile product development environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in cross-functional teams through advocacy.
- Team builder – You have experience hiring product designers and some experience with guiding teams through hyper growth.
- Collaborative – You have deep history working with Product Managers, Developers, and Product Insights/Researchers, Business Partner teams as well as a working understanding of how to discover unmet customer needs, create a shared hypothesis, prototype features and test the adoption of a paid service as a business model.
- Domain experience – The paid subscriptions and commerce domains are fast paced, prone to dark UX patterns (which is NOT what we’re interested in), and not necessarily intuitive. Existing understanding and ability to evangelise is valuable for the role.
You will be responsible for co-leading a product area, including management of 3-8 designers focused on delivering outstanding tools and experiences to our growing user base.
What you’ll do
- Alongside your Tech and Product counterparts, you will be responsible for leading a product area, which has responsibilities across many areas of Spotify. This includes internal and external/customer-facing tools on both web and native platforms. You’ll provide thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Shape the data-informed product design vision for the user experience of the products we make in this Tribe and create the space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Put a premium on listening to users, both directly and through the work of our Product Insights team, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, writing, research, etc.) at consumer-focused or business-to-business product organizations that feature strong value propositions and high tech service integrations.
- You have experience in innovation growth with a variety of clients.
- You have experience in coaching startups on design, iteration and prototyping to create human centered design strategies.
- You are a player/coach/servant leader with practical design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You have experience in driving product strategies.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have experience with Business Analytics to create user flows, use cases, and prototypes.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your product area.
- You have experience leading, mentoring, and managing designers to help grow their skills in research, design, ideation, innovation and UX systematic thinking.
- You are iRise Certified Modeler
Posting Dates June 13th - July 11th 2018