Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. Our AV Infrastructure team focuses on all things audio-visual with an emphasis on our internal and external communications systems.
We are looking to hire AV Support Technicians to help fill out our AV Support Team. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, has customer support experience and is comfortable working in a variety of ever-changing situations.
Required experience for the role:
- Knowledge of AV industry standards, manufacturers and technologies
- Flexibility in your work schedule, as we often have to work around user’s needs
- Audio DSP programming on equipment from QSC, Biamp, BSS or similar
- Understand technical concepts like serial data communication, TCP/IP, baud rates, IP addressing, subnetting, EDID, HDCP
- Experience with more physical procedures like infrastructure rough-in, cabling, rack building, system troubleshooting and system verification (our vendors do most of the physical work but proper understanding of the build process is crucial)
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience working in an environment where almost all AV equipment is connected to a network
- Experience working with Dante, AES67, audio and video over IP, video streaming, digital signage and video walls
- Crestron programming skills and have programmed systems controlling things like projectors, screens, DSPs, blinds, lighting, switchers and video equipment
Projects you could work on:
- Maintain and upgrade modern AV systems for meeting rooms, conferencing, events and live-streaming across multiple offices
- Receive and action feedback on the day to day performance of systems
- Educate Shopifolk as to what AV solutions are available and how to use them
- Work in a dynamic team where roles are fluid but goals are unified
- Update programming for Crestron and audio DSP systems for efficient usability and performance
Sound like something you're interested in being a part of? Click the "Apply" button and answer the question on the following page. Make your cover letter out to Matt.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
This posting will close on June 25th, 2018.