Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
******Please note this is a 12month Contract*******
You will be responsible for the daily output of social media content across Airbnb’s EMEA social channels (primary: UK & FR; secondary: DE, IT, ES, RU). You’ll react to the daily news agenda, trending topics and key calendar moments with bold ideas for engaging, on-brand content. You’ll commission inspiring photography and video from in-house content teams and external agencies, while drafting concise but effective copy - persuasive, punchy, human and emotive storytelling makes you the true champion of the brand voice. When the content is ready, you’ll be responsible for publishing across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc, as well as working on the paid social approach with support from Social Marketing Lead and social media agency.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead Airbnb’s EMEA social newsroom, reacting quickly to daily news and trends to develop engaging, on-brand content that (mainly for UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, RU)
- Use your passion for travel and Airbnb to drive inspirational ideas for daily and monthly content
- Work with key internal stakeholders to ensure content is relevant, appropriate, on-brand and drives a positive outcome
- Commission photography and video from internal and external teams through concise briefs
- Use advanced copywriting skills to draft unparalleled copy
- Lead daily approach to paid social - quickly brief social agency to put spend behind key posts with clearly defined audiences and outcomes
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in social media marketing, either in-house at a brand or at a digital agency
- Social media newsroom or journalism experience is essential
- Excellent writing skills - your copy must be creative and free of grammar and spelling errors
- Experience working on paid social - either buying or working with an agency to do so
- Additional proficiency in one or more of the following languages also an asset: French, German, Italian or Spanish
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders within the same project
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a high energy environment with tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms and emerging digital trends
- Highly organised and able to manage time effectively
- A passion for travel and new experiences
"Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply."