Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who is curious about users and passionate about designing delightful products that our customers need to succeed and our business needs to move the metrics up and to the right. As a Product Designer, you will be an integral part of every aspect of the product process from strategic direction to the tactical design-develop-launch-iterate cycle.
It’s a great time join our growing team as we prepare to embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process, and lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering to ideate and ship complex products while playing an active role in the core design team committed to driving cohesive cross-product experiences.
- Enjoy being hands on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and customer research—taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Contribute to the creation of a burgeoning design system.
- Appreciate critique—you will give it, receive it, and seek it out.
- Obsess over details—UI consistency, microinteractions, even project plans.
- Care about the business impact of the products you design, not just the outcome.
- Be data-driven—whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test, you balance your intuitive sense with a deep understanding of the data.
- Value communication, organization, and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action—able to work through ambiguity and deadline pressures.
- Ability to travel occasionally to domestic and international offices
- 1-3 years of experience on a design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, qa, marketing, user research, and content writers.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of product design work.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.