Backed by Benchmark, Sequoia Capital, and Index Ventures, Confluent is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley. Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka, Confluent provides a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams. In addition to our enterprise platform, we recently launched our cloud offering, Apache Kafka as a Service, which will allow companies of all sizes to leverage the power of streaming data. Join us on our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company!
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for an experienced developer productivity engineer to help us automate our deployment, test, build, and release systems. In this role you will be responsible for developing new tools, managing existing tools and infrastructure and setting policy for usage and future direction. Additionally, you will be responsible for building continuous deployment frameworks that integrate with test infrastructure and provide usable UI to control deployment progress. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing test frameworks to run system tests, performance benchmark and long running tests as well as having demonstrated expertise in building distributed systems.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience in automating release and build processes and writing packaging scripts
- Experience with configuration management systems to manage configs across systems in the cloud
- Knowledge and experience implementing Continuous Delivery model
- Advanced knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and Jira systems
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Travis CI etc.
- Experience with continuous integration, build systems, and source code control tools such as Git/SVN, build tools like (g)make, Gradle
- Experience writing benchmarking/load generation software
- Knowledge of database and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Espresso, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)