Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka, one of the most successful open source data projects ever. Confluent’s products let leaders in industries spanning retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media move data from isolated silos into a real-time data nervous system. We believe all businesses will come to be modeled in software and built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put ours at the heart of every company, both on-premises and in the cloud.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for an experienced developer productivity engineer to help us automate our deployment, test, build, and release systems. In this role you will be responsible for developing new tools, managing existing tools and infrastructure and setting policy for usage and future direction. Additionally, you will be responsible for building continuous deployment frameworks that integrate with test infrastructure and provide usable UI to control deployment progress. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing test frameworks to run system tests, performance benchmark and long running tests as well as having demonstrated expertise in building distributed systems.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience in automating release and build processes and writing packaging scripts
- Experience with configuration management systems to manage configs across systems in the cloud
- Knowledge and experience implementing Continuous Delivery model
- Advanced knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and Jira systems
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Travis C! etc.
- Experience with continuous integration, build systems, and source code control tools such as Git/SVN, build tools like (g)make, Gradle
- Experience writing benchmarking/load generation software
- Knowledge of database and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Espresso, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)