Head of Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, ANZ
LinkedIn’s Business Development team is responsible for driving growth, engagement, and monetization globally by identifying, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives. We are looking for a Business Development (BD) Lead to drive LinkedIn growth in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The ideal candidate is someone with a growth mindset and who is passionate about developing a robust partner ecosystem, has sound business judgement, is able to contribute to LinkedIn strategy in the region, and who excels at the type of strategic thinking that can help identify win/win scenarios for both LinkedIn’s members and partners.
The role is focused on the ANZ region with potential opportunities extending to other markets.
The successful candidate will work closely with peers based in India and USA to ensure success as a team. As such responsibilities will vary over time, both in terms of additional responsibilities as well as territory coverage.
Ecosystem analysis and market strategy
- Define BD strategy in alignment with Linkedin strategy in the region
- Engage with the product organization and local leadership to understand and, contribute to the product strategy
- Provide the BD director, country manager and cross-functional teams with a detailed overview of the market, including key players, market segmentation, opportunities and recommendations
Deal execution and partner management
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize prospective partners in line with BD strategy
- Develop, prioritize and execute deal pipeline examining risk and potential as well as understanding the partner’s needs and goals
- Manage all stages to the deal process, confidently, from negotiation to execution by engaging with both the prospective partners as well as internal stakeholders (i.e. product, legal, country manager, regional leaders, biz ops and finance as needed)
- Manage and optimise partnerships post-deal execution through regular partnership reviews, performance tracking and analysis
- Assess and execute additional strategic opportunities with existing partners
- BS/MBA degree
- 7+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a product BD role
- Experience with the consumer internet, software as a service, and/or mobile spaces
Base salary: $145,000 - $195,000
- Proven project management capabilities; comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables
- Experience working in an analytical capacity e.g. consulting firm, investment bank, corporate M&A/corporate strategy, or business operations.
- Proven leadership, integrity and collaborative skills, with a growth-mindset.
- Ability to hold accountability and ownership of work/projects.
- Passionate about the success of LinkedIn members, customers, partners, and business.
- Ability to conceptualize and drive strategy for growing and optimizing partner programs, which is tied to impact on major business goals.
- Comfortable with structuring and conducting quantitative analysis to develop data-driven decisions to grow partnerships, identify new areas of opportunity and demonstrate business impact of our partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can support deal execution with Business Development leads as well as support Sales leads when the deal has to be done directly with a customer.
The above range reflects annual base salary which will be determined based on the competency assessment of the successful candidate. This position will include superannuation and an annual bonus in addition to the base salary above. LinkedIn provides a competitive package to the successful candidate which includes cash, stock, benefits and perks.