LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The right candidate is passionate about design and innovation, a creative problem solver, and an advocate of beautiful inclusive and seamless customer experiences across various screen form factors — from small mobile handheld to large desktop. The person in this role will design and produce materials in multiple mediums to help sales professionals excel in their modern selling goals using Sales Navigator. This role will work closely with Instructional Designers, Multimedia Designers, Product, and Marketing to manage corporate collateral design projects from conception through successful execution reflecting the LinkedIn brand.
- As Multimedia Designer, you will design and develop engaging assets including interactive training videos using a variety of methods. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and XML.
- Design various forms of media such as videos, websites, animations, presentations, print collateral, rich media, animation, simulation, interactive web modules, and informational/instructional videos including using motion graphics.
- Scale learning content to accommodate global audiences of many languages and learning styles.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of LinkedIn product features and functions with a focus on LinkedIn Sales Solutions products.
- Work with SMEs to finalize strategy and create products based on agreed methodology and approval from business partners - Work closely with Instructional Designers and Multimedia Designers to plan, design and manage projects.
- Maintain a high degree of flexibility and work effectively in a largely team-based, collaborative culture, where open communication and idea generation from all levels are encouraged.
- Determines size, color scheme, arrangement of illustrative material and copy.
- Select style and size of type and arranges layout based upon style guidelines, delivery requirements, utilizing knowledge of layout and composition principles, and aesthetic design concepts.
- Maintain approved brand standards across all mediums.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all graphics software options and capabilities.
- Organize and maintain digital creative assets such as: original working files, logos, photos, and video/audio files
- 5+ years professional design experience with a focus on web, mobile and print media.
- 3+ years experience in media production with a focus on motion graphics - After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator.
- 2+ years experience with HTML, CSS or ECMAScript.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field.
- Professional portfolio and/or solid demo reel.
- Experience designing in Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Experience with video post-production processes.
- A high proficiency in Adobe After Effects and other design tools(e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision).
- Solid understanding of design principles including layout, typography, HTML/CSS/ECMAScript/JSON.
- Curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results.
- Solid understanding of design thinking and its role in cross-functional problems solving.
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, marketing, product and technology teams).
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to become proficient with new applications quickly.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and/or content management systems.
- Prototyping and creation of tools and experience creating templates in After Effects.
- Ability to make sound editing and design decisions and apply good judgment to create a coherent and effective end product.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or issues.
- Solid understanding of video production, studio and location lighting.
- Self-motivated team player, detailed, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Capacity to handle more than one project simultaneously.