Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Everyday our merchants try to connect with as many buyers as possible so they can share their stories and grow their business. The Channels team at Shopify builds products to give merchants new ways to make and increase sales. We're looking for a Product Manager to grow these products, working cross-functionally to refine the product through iteration. This Product Manager will perform conversion optimization on existing funnels, run experiments, customize experiences for specific segments of users, and ultimately drive sales for our merchants.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. PMs here work with merchants and their customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are a passionate and entrepreneurial group. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market and established track records of getting shit done at scale. Come join us to do your life's best work!
You’ll need to have:
- Some experience managing or growing products. We’re looking for people who have recognized opportunities and customer needs, and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Inspire highly motivated teams of multi-disciplinary people to avoid inaction and ship quickly.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done.
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems.
- Great communication skills.
- Empathy with the user.
- Ability to balance using data vs creative thinking to make product decisions.
Would be nice if you:
- Have strong knowledge of digital product funnels, user segmentation, A/B testing, and general frameworks for product growth.
- Understand the e-commerce and marketing technology landscapes.
Projects you could work on:
- -Identify and build growth levers that will take our Channels products to the next stage of maturity.
- Work with teams on impactful and iterative projects to continually optimize existing
- Channels products.
- Define and guide long term thinking on how product growth should be conducted across the Channels product line.
- Identify customer problems and turn those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers.
- Track key funnel metrics and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Define and run data driven experiments to prove out product hypotheses.
- Live and breathe segmentation. We have a lot of end-users and they aren’t all the same
- ** Please note that this role will be open internally first for application and close by Friday July 20th 2018.