Why this role is exciting:
Are you a fan of TripAdvisor and passionate about travel?
TripAdvisor is looking for a customer-oriented enthusiast to join our European Customer support team for Portuguese and English speaking markets, as well as either French or Italian.
What you will do:
- Deal directly with owners/ by phone and email for Portuguese and English-speaking markets (as well as either French or Italian)
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints within a 1-2 business-day turnaround
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated manager or director
- Keep accurate records of customer inquiries, interactions, and details of actions taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Troubleshoot technical problems and escalate bug reports to management
What you will bring to the team:
- Excellent editorial judgment and command of Portuguese and English languages with fluency in either Italian or French too.
- Customer service experience is essential
- Good understanding of TripAdvisor
- Patience and understanding when speaking with both Owners and Members
- Sense of discretion around confidential information
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Able to handle difficult conversations with patience. Resilient and not afraid of saying ‘no’
- Able to maintain knowledge in an ever changing environment
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management Systems
- CRM/Customer Support Tools
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to type 50-60 words a minute.
- Personal experience with the TripAdvisor site, including the submission of reviews and participation in Forums
- Hospitality industry and/or Online Travel Agencies background would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with user-generated content (either personally or professionally)
- Willingness to work shifts pattern essential