Made by Marc Köhlbrugge
Cloud DevOps Engineers at Airbnb are responsible for managing the interface between AWS services and the rest of the Airbnb engineering team. These engineers manage the availability of all AWS services while supporting the needs of the engineering team through operations, automation, consultation, tooling, research and education.
- Have hands on experience with of a wide range of AWS services, including RDS, ElastiCache, Kinesis, SQS, EC2. Should be capable of advising on architectural decisions for these services through a deep understanding of systems internals. Strong intuition around designing and maintaining data stores a plus.
- Build automation to execute common operations on various AWS services such as software upgrades, data migrations, and instance rotation. Build tooling to aid in introspection and debugging for internal clients.
- Manage aspects of the internal clients’ relationship to these services, including provisioning, monitoring, security, connectivity.
- Leverage experience to evaluate new offerings from AWS to advise and drive adoption to internal clients.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...