Emparty is a new startup making the process of planning parties and events (birthdays, graduations, showers, office parties, etc.) easier, faster, and a lot more fun. The company was founded in early 2018 and we recently closed our initial round of funding from Upside Partnership and Webb Investment Network. We have a long and growing list of customers lined up to use the service, and we need your help! (For real. We’re not kidding. The pressure is on.)
UX/UI design will play a critical role in our company, and this will be our first full-time design position.
We’re looking for an experienced (3+ years) web and mobile web UX/UI designer to establish a design language for the company and bring it to life, working closely with our Chief Product Officer and our front-end engineer. You will create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups; then you’ll test them with real users. (We’re so new that you’ll be able to select your tools in most cases.)
As a marketplace, we have two sets of users: 1) party organizers who primarily access the service via the mobile web, and 2) party providers (venues, vendors, etc.) who will primarily access the system with a desktop web browser. (We have an alpha site running at emparty.com, but don’t focus too much on what’s there now.) While we expect to launch a mobile app at some point, it’s out of scope for now.
This position is located in Mountain View, California. You will need to be on site. Remote workers will not be considered, so don’t even ask. At this time, we are unable to sponsor work visas or offer relocation assistance. Inquiries from agencies and representatives will be promptly deleted.
This position reports to the Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer.
** Please include a link to your portfolio, along with your resume. **
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer and Head of Technology
- Define design specifications
- Conduct user testing sessions online and in-person
- Use analytics to make data-driven decisions
- See your features through launch
- Experience designing desktop and mobile web user experiences
- Must have shipped product to end users
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work directly with a front-end engineer