By engaging with companies and industries, the Stripe Business Development organization aims to increase Stripe’s long term value by accelerating our strategy and developing knowledge and new opportunities through partnerships that further our mission.
Stripe is seeking an exceptional, product-minded business development leader to grow and manage Stripe's partnerships in Japan. This role will be responsible for defining and executing a strategic partner strategy that will serve and benefit Stripe’s go-to-market efforts. Specifically, this role will define and execute a strategic partner strategy with Internet and technology companies in Japan to achieve user and revenue growth.
- Establish go-to-market partnerships that drive user growth.
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering organization to develop partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives in Japan.
- Develop partnerships with system integrators to help drive adoption of Stripe in the market.
- Develop strategies, execute, and manage partnerships with Alternate Payment Methods, e-Wallet providers, and Verification providers, in coordination with our global team.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Atlas, Legal, Policy, Finance and other teams to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Stripe's ecosystem.
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of product and growth partnership opportunities.
- Scale well-defined partnership strategies and commercial structures to enable new and improved product capabilities globally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key product partners.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology company, working closely with technology companies on platform or product partnership efforts.
- Previous experience working in Japan for a technology/software company or an understanding of Japanese corporate and business culture.
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. Japanese language skills) – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.