Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
Gimlet’s fast-growing marketing team is looking for a creative, organized, and proactive marketing manager. The manager will work closely with the overall marketing team to find new and innovative ways to promote Gimlet’s award-winning programming, launch new Gimlet properties, elevate the brand and work with partners on cross promotional strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategies and plans to drive awareness, audience growth, engagement, and affinity for Gimlet’s award-winning programming.
- Work directly with Gimlet show teams (hosts, producers, and editors) and across business units (ad sales, new show development, etc.) to develop creative, cohesive and impactful consumer marketing plans
- Facilitate projects from initial brainstorm and concept to final execution, looping in key stakeholders along the way and ensuring that things stay on time, in scope, and under budget.
- Work with our internal creative team and outside design/AV partners on developing strong creative for each show and the overall brand.
- Analyze and keep abreast of competition and market trends to assist in the development of new marketing programs and strategies to reach new audiences
- Be on the lookout for unique opportunities to promote Gimlet content in exciting, innovative ways — you’ll constantly be keeping your ears to the ground for what teams across Gimlet are working on
- Help develop and execute unique opportunities for each of Gimlet’s existing and upcoming properties
- Work with the business development lead to create cross promotional opportunities with partners
What You Have
- 4-6 years marketing experience, with a background in entertainment brand marketing strongly preferred
- A proven track record of producing creative and impactful marketing campaigns with strong ROI
- Exceptional communication skills
- A strong creative eye and POV with the ability to give good direction
- A ferocious love of process and organization
- The ability to take a vague idea and turn it into an executable project, and then oversee that execution
- An understanding of media and full funnel marketing strategies
- A “no task is too small” attitude -- you’re willing to do whatever you need to to get a job done!
- A passion for podcasts and storytelling
- A deep understanding of the new media landscape
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by 5 PM ET on Friday, August 31.