Manager, Customer Success Managers (Academic + Government) - LinkedIn Learning Solutions
This role will be based in San Francisco or Chicago, depending on where the candidate is currently located.
LinkedIn Learning Solutions is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Through individual, government, corporate and academic subscriptions, members have access to the lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts – more than +11,000 courses and +400,000 video tutorials across mobile and desktop.
The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Customer Success team is seeking a strategic, driven, and analytical Manager of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), reporting into the Head of Global Customer Success. They will be focused on delivering best-in-class customer experiences, resulting in high product engagement from the customer and ultimately high customer retainment.
- Manage a team of 5-8 CSMs (many remote) to execute on key strategic initiatives and achieve operational excellence. Coach and develop team to be world class
- Support global head of customer success to optimize customer service for the various types of customers and spend brackets
- Partner with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Business Operations, Sales Operations, Finance, Business Development, Corporate Development, International Managers and other internal groups, contributing subject matter expertise and progressing cross-functional objectives. Identify improvement areas and surface strategic insights
- Analyze customer health and develop a deep understanding of evolving value drivers
- Analyze churn and develop a deep understanding of churn drivers and develop churn mitigation strategies
- Manage operational dashboards to monitor changes in CSM performance and customer health. Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as required
- Develop, measure, and maintain operational excellence for the Customer Success team including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work with fellow global Customer Success managers to implement the customer success strategy in AMER, EMEA and APAC regions
- Some travel may be required
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or Consulting
- 3+ years of experience in team management within Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or Consulting
- Strong preference for 5+ years of experience leading a Customer Success team to support large enterprise customers
- Experience within the SaaS industry
- Experience in the higher education and/or public sector
- Practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, big data, and/or entrepreneurship
- Concise communication skills: Able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Proactive: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, aligning resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Experience using and developing reports, metrics and dashboards with Salesforce.com