SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LASERCOM ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Architect, design, and produce high performance analog and digital electronics for the world's most advanced launch vehicles and spacecraft. This electrical design engineer will be responsible for the electronics at the heart of an orbital optical communication terminal bringing internet to the world and humans to Mars.
- Design, simulate, and verify electrical performance of sensing, actuation, and computing solutions, including analog/digital circuit design, signal/power integrity, timing/power budgets, and optoelectronic drivers and receivers
- Coexist with other disciplines, including control, mechanical, manufacturing and software
- Support product through production and test
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years professional experience PCB design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on experience designing PCBs and prototype bring-up
- Proficient with circuit analysis software (e.g. SPICE)
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals (debug, failure analysis, analog/digital circuit design, signal/power integrity)
- Able to work with command-line Linux or similar operating system
- Experience with embedded systems and sensors
- Ability to use lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, spectrum analyzers and power supplies
- Ability to work and rework SMT PCB components with satisfactory skill
- Experience in designing, debugging, and analyzing analog control systems
- Experience using or designing motors and/or motor drives
- Ability to use Python for analysis
- Experience with FPGAs
- Experience designing for high-volume production
- Experience with optoelectronics
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.