Netflix announced the creation of the first global Internet TV network two years ago and now operates in 190 countries. But our journey has just begun. Our marketing team is tasked with making people so passionate about our content that they signup and watch. As a part of this mission, we strive to engage with people all over the world through earned, owned, and paid media.
• Earned media - creating organic news cycles through publicity events, talent, etc.
• Owned media - publishing content through social media channels for fans
• Paid media - advertising through online (FB, YT), and offline channels (TV, OOH)
Our communications and publicity team drives our efforts to increase and improve earned media. They create news cycles through publicity events, awards for our content, and engaging with our creative talent to create newsworthy content.
We are forming a brand new team to specifically help our Publicity team with their technology and scaling needs - event planning (screening events, press junket, talent travel planning, etc.), awards/nominations management, calendaring, etc.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us build out our engineering foundations for scaling our earned media efforts. You will hire star performers to the team while inspiring and motivating the seasoned engineers on the team. You will craft partnerships with product managers, marketing and publicity, and other engineering infrastructure teams. You will ensure we stay coordinated between our efforts across earned, owned, and paid media.
- You have several years of experience building and leading software engineering teams working on multiple complex systems
- You are a great partner for your engineering and product colleagues. Your team consistently delivers and delights; partners want to work with you.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results.
- You provide services to many other teams. You are a pro at handling the coordination and technical challenges of wide-scale integration of dependencies.
- You recruit and lead stars. This is a small team with a huge mandate. Only superstars can get it done, and you can lead them.
- Successful ability to work with remote stakeholders and tight knit partners. This job will require periodic travel mostly within California.
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more via the Netflix culture memo
and jobs site
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.