About Omidyar Network:
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and his wife Pam, the organization invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic and social change.
Omidyar Network has committed more than $1 billion to for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations that foster economic advancement and encourage individual participation across multiple initiatives, including Digital Identity, Education, Emerging Tech, Financial Inclusion, Governance & Citizen Engagement, Impact Investing, Property Rights and Tech and Society Solutions Lab.
About the Position:
The Talent Acquisition Director will lead the TA strategy for the organization. This role will also build, manage, and develop a small team of TA supporting full-cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, interviewing, and closing) and ensure a positive experience for both candidates and hiring managers internal to ON and in support to our investment portfolios. The incumbent’s primary role and responsibility is to lead and support internal recruiting efforts. However, there will also be demand, as a second priority set of responsibilities, to assist ON portfolio orgs on selected recruitment of C level hires for their own organizations. They will partner with hiring teams on talent sourcing, from a strategic and consultative perspective as needed. The TA Director is accountable for removing roadblocks for their team, staying on top of hiring and talent trends, driving innovation recruitment solutions aligned with the organization’s hiring strategy and maintaining a high bar for talent and a compliant selection process. The TA Director, as the first point of contact for prospective employees of the firm, will also play a significant role in transmitting the tone and the culture of Omidyar Network to candidates, and will be closely integrated into broader efforts to ensure that the authentic ON culture is present with employees from first outreach to the moment of hiring, through to onboarding and beyond.
- Adapt quickly to changing hiring priorities by formulating plans to fill new roles and brainstorming with TA and hiring managers to create role profiles, assemble sourcing strategies for critical searches and support with the writing of JD’s/Role Profiles as needed.
- Push the boundaries on sourcing and hiring tactics by constantly looking for new and creative ways to attract talent.
- Develop a pro-active talent approach as it relates to employment branding inclusive of job advertisements, marketing strategies and events.
- Manage key TA programs including college recruiting, contingent partner relationships, employee referral program, hiring manager & TA training, summer associates and employee onboarding.
- Own and evaluate recruiting tools such as ATS (Greenhouse), organizations career site, job boards, marketing channels, etc.
- Develop tracking and analytics to support the function with monthly reporting and dashboards.
- Develop key processes to streamline efficiencies in the TA process.
- Establish and maintain strong consultative and working relationships with Talent Acquisition and the broader Human Capital Team.
- Partner with our HC People Operations Team and leverage data to improve effectiveness of all Talent Acquisition programs, candidate sources, and recruitment processes.
- Develop and manage ON’s alumni network.
- 3+ years experience mentoring or leading a team of recruiters and TA specialists.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in full cycle recruiting for all levels across multiple disciplines, executive recruitment is important and technical recruiting a plus.
- Demonstrate skills in all aspects of recruiting such as networking, sourcing, qualifying, screening, negotiating/closing and relationship management.
- Knowledgeable about corporate employment practices.
- Proactive approach with a strong sense of urgency and a proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills and build strong, productive relationships.
- Experience in coaching through challenging selections. Ability to influence, not allowing hiring managers to settle.
- Metrics and results driven, proven experience with analyzing recruiting data to recommend changes in hiring strategies.
- Strong project managements skills.
- Enjoy staying ahead of the curve on industry trends and best practices.
- Strong at multi-tasking and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Confident interacting and partnering with all levels of management.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
- Develops deep partnerships with the teams you support. Over time, you have become seen as a member of their team - not just a shared service provider.
- Strong at putting in structure and developing others.
- Passionate about building a function.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Enjoy working in an environment where the model and the organization are often evolving.
- Commitment to social impact.
- Passionate about contributing to and helping set and signal the culture of ON.
Omidyar Network firmly believes that diversity and inclusion makes us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.