Netflix is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work in our Cloud Data team. The Cloud Database Engineering team at Netflix is responsible for providing extremely reliable, efficient infrastructure for persistent and volatile data for all of Netflix. We work at tremendous scale (hundreds of TB at the caching layer alone, and multiple PB of data in the persistence layer), and must continually be able to plan for more.
As our number of subscribers continues to grow, and as we scale up in different regions around the world, Netflix depends on the CDE group’s ability to adapt to constantly changing data and product needs. As stewards of all of Netflix’s data, we strive to provide performant, forward thinking solutions that will enable our subscribers across the globe to enjoy our content for years to come.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be automating our deployment processes, customizations, upgrades and monitoring for all our different data stores.
- Re-evaluating the existing infrastructure and processes in place for managing and upgrading persistence stores.
- You’ll be guiding us to better tools and practices, and champion adopting better technologies.
- You’ll be helping us to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the various data persistence layers.
- As we provide persistence as a service, you’ll be working to build, automate and secure application configuration, auto deployment and provisioning services
Why you’ll succeed:
- You find the challenges encountered at very large scale to be fascinating and stimulating, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a wealth of experience with Amazon AWS.
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Travis CI or equivalent
- You are an extremely self-motivated person with an eye for automating humans out of most equations (thoughtfully, though).
- You have fantastic written and verbal communication skills.
- You frequently feel that, whatever the task, there’s probably a better way to do it.
- You take inclusivity as seriously as we do, and enjoy working with brilliant people from all walks of life, understanding how to respectfully engage and collaborate with colleagues regardless of any differences of perspective or experience.
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more via the culture slides at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix.