For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and Transferwise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 155,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent Trustpilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer to join our engineering team building out our disruptive back-end, front-end web and mobile apps. Our core development values are strong, static typing and correctness, rigorous automation (in both testing and infrastructure) and everyone having a say.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Design and build infrastructure to evolve and improve our continuous delivery environment. This includes automated testing, continuous integration pipelines, and provisioning of environments, all automatically with infrastructure-as-code wherever possible.
- Support production environments where necessary, developing solutions for both monitoring and metric collection to advance our way of operating.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Design and develop automated workflows for provisioning environments, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate in agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the Habito suite of applications in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify recurring issues and work with IT & business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
You will have:
- Production experience with Amazon Web Services; other cloud infrastructure providers are a bonus.
- Experience with automation scripting and version control, enabling infrastructure-as-code. You should be technology agnostic, choosing the right tool for the job.
- Experience administering databases; tuning and optimisation experience a plus. PostgreSQL powers most of our systems at present.
- Experience in scaling high-transactional distributed applications across regions, building in redundancy and failover.
- Experience with CI and deployment management solutions like Jenkins and Drone.
- Interested in learning the latest deployment platforms and methodologies -- at present we are working with Kubernetes and Docker but in line with our values of correctness and rigorous automation we are also exploring options like Nix/NixOps and other functional/declarative solutions.
- Experience of working in Agile/Scrum teams.
- A thirst for knowledge and be hungry to learn.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Be team oriented
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with product owners, design and engineering teams.
- The ability to manage your own workload without supervision or given direction.
- A track record of delivery and getting things done.
- A passion for quality and good practices.
- Competitive salary & share options
- Career development, coaching & training
- Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
- Bupa Healthcare & Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Massages with Urban Massage
- Unlimited Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme