PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our passionate team. As a Sr. UI/UX Designer you’ll be responsible for working directly with the product, design, and art teams to craft delightfully intuitive user experiences and design beautiful UI. Responsibilities in this role will span the entire development lifecycle, from wireframe and concept creation to final asset production and implementation. As a senior position, this role will also contribute meaningfully to feature design, sprint planning, task breakdowns and estimates, as well as providing mentorship and guidance to other UI/UX resources. This position offers an exciting opportunity to design and deliver flawless user experiences to millions of daily players around the globe.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Art teams to design appealing, user-friendly and crisp 2D UI assets and implement intuitive user experiences for casual mobile games
- Designing from concept to completion all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, flow charts, icons, and animation mockups
- Create, maintain and own UI style guides and general art documentation
- Create beautiful production UI design
- Integrate UI into Unity, working with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game
- Optimize UI for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices
- Work with Production to identify, estimate, schedule, and track UI/UX tasks
- Participate in sprint and roadmap planning
- Mentor other UI/UX designers; establish best practices and help to hold team accountable to those standards
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college / university
- 5+ years of UI/UX experience
- Expert with Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, & After Effects
- Extensive experience with Unity and various UI implementation methods within Unity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Art and Engineering teams to define and prototype the best user experiences
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems
- A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for mobile and other emerging platforms, including UI optimization for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
- At least 1 shipped mobile title as UI/UX artist
- Experience with UI/UX task breakdowns, estimates, sprint planning
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Flash
- Experience creating UI animations and transitions
- Technical art background / skills
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!