Director Business Development – LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Our Marketing Solutions team plays a significant role by building products and services that help marketers reach their ideal customers within LinkedIn’s 570M+ global members. The Director of Business Development for Marketing Solutions will play a key role in taking our efforts to the next level for this fast growing business, and will lead the team that develops and executes LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions partnership strategy. These partnerships meaningfully contribute to our vision of creating economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce.
- Defining the partnership strategy by which partnerships can help grow the business.
- Managing a high performing team of business development professionals
- Identifying and building business cases for high potential partnership opportunities.
- Structuring and negotiating agreements with prospective partners.
- Managing and optimizing a portfolio of partnerships to grow and support the business.
- Expanding the understanding of and value derived from our partnerships by internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, including partners and customers.
- Developing a strong understanding of LinkedIn’s business and helping to influence LinkedIn’s leadership team on future products and business strategy.
- Synthesizing and sharing relevant insights about the online marketing industry landscape with LinkedIn’s product leaders and executives.
- Travel may be required for this role.
- 10+ years experience in business development or partnerships focused roles in the technology industry.
- Experience with platform or product partnerships.
- Experience in the online marketing and advertising industry.
- Experience managing a team of 5+ people.
- Prior experience within a consumer internet company.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience in an analytical role from an investment bank, consulting firm, or a corporate M&A or strategy group.
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and business presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform in a fast growth, unstructured environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with channel partners with revenue targets.
- Comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables.