Twitch’s vision is millions of creators sharing realtime video experiences with their communities. Twitch Developers’ mission is to enable any developer in the world to build a business around those experiences. We obsess about our customers’ needs, delivering products that help game developers make their games better to stream, and help community developers customize Twitch for their favorite streamers. Our products include Extensions, the Twitch API, Drops, Identity, Developer Insights, CurseForge, and dev.twitch.tv - and we have an ambitious roadmap.
We’re looking for engineers for our Seattle, San Francisco and Irvine offices who love delighting customers with useful products and seamless user experiences. You’ll work closely with product managers, UX designers, data scientists and engineers of all disciplines to craft a beautiful and engaging product, iterate based on customer feedback, and ship early and often. You’ll grow by taking on significant engineering challenges involving massive scale, high availability, cross-platform implementation, and new-to-the-world solutions. Your work will be seen by thousands of developers and millions of consumers, and underpins Twitch’s most critical 2018 initiatives. Bring your learning mindset and sense of humor - we’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features
- Specify, implement, and maintain the services that will power these features
- Implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Share your opinion about the user experience and help improve it
- Level up the organization around you through code reviews and engineering best practices
- Own the quality of the features you ship
- Push code to production several times a day if necessary
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building full stack web applications
- Mature understanding of every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, support, deprecation
- Architectural and design experience in building, deploying and operating services at scale with well defined interfaces and data modelling.
- Demonstrated past experience working on user interfaces and an eye for detail
- Strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering
- Experience shipping consumer-facing web applications
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You thrive in loosely structured environments
- You take feedback well, and have a growth mindset
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Experience working with Golang
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with Twitch and/or video games
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.