In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Fully automated Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Ansible and Terraform, on GCP
- Software-like infrastructure development pace
- Monitoring using SaaS and on-premise tools: New Relic, Sensu+Uchiwa, Sentry
- Container-based environments with 30+ microservices from local env to production
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining and improving our GCP-hosted infrastructure leveraging features provided by the cloud provider and getting the most out of each one
- Monitoring and proactively improving the performance and reliability of our platform working side by side with other teams
- Reducing infrastructure costs while increasing infrastructure usage
- Improving the monitoring, alerting and logging infrastructure and workflows
- Availability for on-call rotation
- Reacting to production outages to either deal with an issue or act as an escalation point
- Helping build and support infrastructure and developer tools to improve the team productivity and CI/CD processes.
- Collaborating with the team to bring new features and services in scalable, resilient, container-based environments
- Spreading DevOps practices, tools and culture to the team
What we are looking for:
- Strong Linux admin experience
- Administration level in RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with at least one of the leading cloud platforms: GCP or AWS
- Proficiency with at least one high-level programming language (e.g.: Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience working with git
- Strong experience using Docker
- Knowledge of network fundamentals (e.g.: firewalls, load balancers, routing, etc.)
- Ability to balance planned and reactive work using agile/lean practices and technical roadmaps
- Experience troubleshooting problems and collaborating with other teams on resolving production issues
- Passion to build well-functioning systems
- Awareness of the team goals and how to work towards them
- Ability to transform a complex problem into multiple simplified ones.
- Fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and self-manage
- Strong consistency and attention to detail
- Work permit for the EU
Eager to learn and challenge the way you think and work
It would be great if you:
- Experience in setting up and running CI platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring frameworks and tools (e.g.: Nagios, Sensu, New Relic, etc.)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (e.g.: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.)
- Experience with Terraform
- Knowledge of benchmarking and performance testing
- Knowledge of network and systems security in distributed systems
- Experience with building tools (e.g.: Gradle, Maven, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 35,000 to € 45,000.
- Paid availability.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote when needed.
- Paid 22 days vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.