Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Reporting into the Head of Operations Support you are responsible for managing the large team which helps our new applicants and existing riders with their queries. Your goal is to run an engaged and motivated team while redefining what good looks like. We want to offer the best rider support in the industry. Deeply embedded within the operations processes of Deliveroo in the UK, Operations Support is central to our continued success through its impact on rider retention, the prompt activation of riders and the quality of support the riders receive.
- Lead a large team. Introduce robust management processes and lead from the front.
- Collaborate across the department and the wider business to produce results
- Improve our service levels by continually driving performance improvements from the team.
- Have a real impact on key metrics in both rider supply and rider support:
- Drive down first response time to rider support tickets (i.e. answer tickets faster)
- Bring final resolution time closer to first response time (i.e. answer tickets better)
- Improve new rider activation (i.e. convert more applicants into riders doing orders)
- Improve onboarding velocity (i.e. convert applicants into riders doing orders more quickly)
- Foster an environment of progression and continuous improvement, both of our people and our processes
- Team manager - we have a large team of people who support our riders and applicants, keep that group engaged, motivated and inspired.
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Change Management - knows how to flow meaningful changes through a large organisation to drive adoption and ensure success
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business and the Operations Support team specifically.
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a team at a unique pace
- Spend time at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.