Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Business Development Associate for New Product Development.
Booking.com is the world’s leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Whatever you want to do, whenever you want to go, you can book it with us, that’s our vision. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5+ million accommodations worldwide, our mission is to empower people to experience the world. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for associates to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and bring our business in key verticals to the next level.
As a Business Development Associate - Experiences for ‘New Product Development’ initiatives, you will be working on ‘experiences’ verticals that will unlock new possibilities for worldwide travellers. While being part of Booking.com, a high impact, large scale organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a small team and explore a whole new business opportunity from scratch.
- Take full ownership of the account management and business development aspect of a completely new vertical from scratch
- Ownership of building industry landscape, go-to-market strategy, and partner relationships and assist with long-term vision
- Identify potential opportunities and drive this from idea to implementation
- Core contributor of Product & Business Strategy, develop hypothesis for business & revenue models
- Conquer a new vertical and impact a worldwide audience.
- Conduct market research and identify industry landscape
- Facilitate learning process for the new vertical through 3rd party reports, industry analysis, etc
- Identify key players in the value chain including competitors and their roles in the value chain for a B2B relationship
- Build and develop key relationships within the vertical
- Initiate RFP process to identify product quality and partnership potential
- Create a go-to-market strategy together with the vertical owner
- Identify certain segments and guide where are the opportunities, where we should go, and what incentives we should be offering
- Liaise with Corp Dev team regarding strategic partnerships and information exchange
- Liaise with local commercial teams for local supply as well as Strategic Partnership teams for global partnerships and global supply
- Joins a vertical as early as possible, in an individual contributor capacity
- 5+ years of experience in commercial roles within a tech environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset is a must; previous experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Strong account management and business development background
- Previous experience in strategy and consulting
- With scale, should be able to develop additional functions. eg. market research, account management, business development, and sales (as and when relevant)
- Analytical mindset
- Previous experience with incentive and reward frameworks is preferrable
- Willing to travel on short notice