Booking.com is the #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player in the world, yet there’s still a lot of upside growth potential in Latin America. We have an industry leading website, world class customer service, a quickly expanding product portfolio, and a very innovative marketing & communications agenda. It’s an exciting and dynamic time for our brand, as we look to become the preferred travel brand in the Americas in 3-5 years’ time!
Are you a tenacious, data driven marketer who is excited about challenging global and local category leaders? Do you thrive in an environment where combining your analytical, experimental mindset and creativity will create communications that win over customers?
If so, then you may be the type of next generation Marketing Communications/Brand Manager - LATAM that we’re looking to add to our expanding Regional Americas Marketing team!
Based in New York, this new role will join the Latam Marketing Science & Communications team and will work closely with the LATAM Media Manager, regional and local creative agencies, a variety of internal Business Intelligence, Consumer Insights, Media, Advertising & Production and product teams in Amsterdam; and our Regional Marketing Director based in New York.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in prioritizing opportunities, leading the development of communication campaigns and assets for both offline & digital channels. Thriving in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is essential for the success of this role along with a hunger for cutting edge, data driven, measurable marketing.
- Work with the Americas Regional Marketing Director to identify the biggest opportunities, define annual and quarterly priorities, and communication plans to build Booking.com as the preferred OTA of choice among Spanish speaking travelers in key Latin American growth markets (including Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay and others in Central America).
- Partner with the Consumer Insights team to Identify relevant audiences, consumer insights, barriers and growth drivers, and translate them into communication briefs
- Lead the development of communications for both offline and online channels ranging from TV, Programmatic Video, Display, Social Media, Audio, and other channels.
- Define creative resource needs, and leading internal and/or external creative teams through the whole process
- Manage timelines and be accountable for successful delivery of creative assets
- Collaborate with the LATAM Media Manager, and Global teams to ensure tests and experimentations are implemented correctly
- Collaborate with global ad operations, media and insights teams to track results, develop and implement optimization opportunities with the goal to consistently improve learnings and performance
- Develop recap reports sharing successes, failures and learnings with North America & Global teams
- Travel to priority Latam markets to meet relevant local stakeholders, partners, attend consumer research, to identify insights and opportunities that ultimately result in effective communication strategies that help to accelerate growth
- Manage LATAM Marketing Communications budget
- Collaborate with North America & Global teams to share learnings and leverage best practices from other markets - regular travel to Amsterdam & LATAM
Your experience & achievements:
- 10+ years of marketing communications experience on either the client or agency side leading the development of offline and online advertising campaigns
- Fluent Spanish and English speaker with experience working on marketing communications for Mexico and ideally other Spanish speaking Latin American countries.
- Have lead either external advertising, digital and social agencies or internal creative teams.
- Strong experience supervising TV/Video production, post-production, and trafficking.
- Have worked at/with an e-commerce company or have strong digital expertise and very competent with developing, implementing and optimizing digital communications and content
- Have expertise with developing social media strategies and content creation for planned, anticipated and reactive opportunities.
- Experience with activating either global or local sponsorships and co-brand partnerships
- A self-starter, able to motivate self and others; and great at influencing agencies and other teams
- Confident presenting to and influencing senior decision makers
- Both a strategic thinker and hands-on executor
- Analytical, able to interpret data and synthesize learnings and ask the right questions
- Organized and strong project management skills
- Really enjoys working in a fast-past changing environment and comfortable with ‘failed’ projects
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Marketing, Business Management, or a related discipline
Our philosophy is designed to give you a rewarding package and opportunity:
- Shape a global brand and implement innovative marketing communications
- Work with smart, driven colleagues and world-class external partners
- Be a part of a fast-paced, learning and supportive driven culture
- See in real-time the impact of your work
- Work with a regional teams based in the US, Latin America and global teams in Amsterdam
- Scope for continuous learning & rapid career development
- Competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and great added perks