Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
To help teams and coaches win, we need Data Science Interns for Summer 2019. As part of the Research & Development team at Hudl, you will be responsible for helping us pull high-quality structured data from unstructured sources and helping us develop scalable computer vision algorithms for object and event detection. You'll use this data to build statistical models that will provide actionable insights for sports teams.
- Curious. You're motivated to explore the unknown because it's the unknown. You don't hesitate to pick up a new language or framework when it's the best tool for the job because you can master it as needed.
- Creative. You bring new approaches to hard problems and know when to make the right tradeoffs to overcome roadblocks.
- Bold. You fail quickly. You know dead ends are common but often insightful.
- Candid. You communicate frankly and often. When you discover insights, incongruities, or dead ends you efficiently and effectively communicate them to the team through the most appropriate medium.
- Work collaboratively with a variety experts to generate structured data from video and improve the quality of existing data extraction techniques.
- Conduct independent research. You'll have opportunities to pursue your own intuition, build prototypes and present results with help from Hudl's experts.
- Work with cutting edge tools for deep learning frameworks and distributed, cloud-scale compute infrastructure.
- Learn. You'll gain experience pursuing long-horizon research and development goals in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Treat you like a full-time employee. You are part of the team, with real responsibilities and the opportunity to make a big impact at Hudl. We want to hear what you think and will often ask you to weigh in on team decisions.
- Give you what you need. We’re happy to supply the environment and tools for success, so you can focus on learning new and fun skills
- Challenge you. Our internship program is designed to give you a challenging and rewarding experience. You can expect daily lunch and swag perks.