We’re looking for a Merchant Strategy Senior Manager to optimize DoorDash’s merchant offering, revenue, and suite of merchant services.
On the Merchant Operations team, our mission is to create and execute a cohesive selection strategy, providing best-in-class content to our customers, and ensure that merchants love working with us from everything in-store to back-end support operations. As a Merchant Strategy Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining the value of merchants to our platform and enabling faster sales cycles through both process and product.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Build the strategy for merchant selection on our platform and best practices for regional teams
- Implement – Drive go to market planning & execution for new DoorDash merchant initiatives to provide value to merchant partners and increase revenues
- Analyze - Build models to define merchant value to the platform, optimize merchant pricing, and forecast revenue
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens to finding new sources of merchant revenue
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Sales and Regional teams to achieve revenue goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Relentless – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 5-8 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- An exceptional track record of driving revenue through partnerships
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.