The Analytics team is looking for a Data Analyst, Fraud & Risk to drive measurement and identify opportunities for improving our fraud practices across our three audiences - Consumers, Dashers and Merchants. You'll work cross-functionally on identifying and managing risk associated with new products, marketplaces, and payment methods.
The team is fast-paced, high-energy, and meticulous in diagnosing emerging fraud patterns and preventing fraud loss before it can happen. The team conducts rigorous analysis of complex data sets, and sets up multiple layers of business rules, models, and other processes to prevent potential fraud. We are a highly cross-functional team and regularly engage in discussion and reviews with stakeholders to prioritize plans for reducing fraud impact and introducing safety features.
We are looking for a Data Analyst, Fraud & Risk to work alongside a team of data scientists, engineers and operations specialists to analyze, investigate and identify solutions to prevent and mitigate third party fraud. This person is responsible for proactively identifying fraud patterns and sources to minimize the company’s exposure to financial and reputational risk.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and review account and transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud
- Act on incidents alerted by a suite of detection tools and take all necessary steps to mitigate fraud and information security risk
- Prepare and document review findings in a concise, understandable manner for written communication to the appropriate parties
- Surface patterns, trends, and bugs that help inform our fraud policies and processes and contribute to our anti-fraud risk engine
- Analyze rich user and transaction data to drive business decisions and to contribute to machine learning models, rules, and other detection systems
- Manage the reporting of key performance indicators; present analyses and findings to management to steer the Risk team’s strategic vision
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to remove roadblocks and ensure operations and automation are running smoothly
- Reenabling false positives on a case-by-case basis. Work closely with the Support Operations team to ensure good actors are not impacted by false positives
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Ability to spot patterns, solve problems, and identify things that just don’t look right.
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing a task whether it’s one-off analysis, an ongoing investigation, or a broader project
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) of applicable experience (financial analysis, e-commerce, payments, fraud / risk, management consulting, or data-driven project management)
- Expertise in SQL and data querying; knowledge of Python or R a plus
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or Chartio a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 3,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.