DoorDash is building a high performing Strategic Finance team that will drive the financial and operating strategy of the company. We’re looking for strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems and collaborate effectively with teams to implement solutions.
This is a unique role with an opportunity to make an immediate impact by helping identify, size, propose, and execute on major new company initiatives. The right candidate will have the skill set to enable data-driven business decisions, and to develop sophisticated financial models that help us optimize our investments in all sides of our business (Dasher, Merchant, and Consumer). You’ll combine knowledge of the business with advanced scenario modeling and data analysis, enabling you to become a trusted business partner throughout the organization and help lead projects from idea generation through execution.
What you'll do
- End-to-end analysis - extract raw data and build models that solve complex problems and uncover insights throughout the company
- Drive strategic decision making - use data to constantly improve visibility into company performance, prioritize opportunities and make recommendations for new projects to pursue
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the company on initiatives that help improve the experience of consumers, dashers and merchants
- Own special projects - new initiatives and opportunities always come up
- 2 - 4 years experience in business strategy / analytics, business operations, monetization, growth strategy, consulting, investment banking, or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Advanced SQL proficiency. Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and meaningfully improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills. Able to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication are critical to implementing impactful projects
- Self-starter with attention to detail. Ability to move quickly and desire to own projects from Day 1
Nice to haves
- Experience leading projects/teams and turning ideas into measurable outcomes
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, and data-oriented programming languages like R or Python
- Experience with a logistics or consumer products company
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.