DoorDash, the industry leading last-mile delivery company connecting customers with their favorite local businesses, is looking for a self-motivated communications manager to join its team. Since launching over five years ago, DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year, raising nearly $1B in capital. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3000 cities across the US and Canada, and doubling down on its white label service called DoorDash Drive that goes beyond restaurant delivery and into new verticals including retail through its partnership with Walmart.
As a key member of our Communications team, sitting within the Marketing organization, you'll be tasked with telling the DoorDash story around national partnerships, product launches, restaurant integrations, and public policy issues. You will own relationships with national reporters, oversee a national communications strategy, and develop creative ideas with our product and partnerships teams.
DoorDash is experiencing extreme growth in an intensely competitive space, and is looking for the perfect communications professional to join the team tasked with telling its unique story to the world.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to develop compelling communications strategies, with an emphasis on product launches and national announcements that tell the DoorDash story to a wide and diverse audience
- Devise and execute PR strategy and communications guidance to support announcements of new national partners, products, and key technology milestones
- Lead thought leadership for the company; identifying and coordinating speaking opportunities that advance our partnerships and product narratives while widening our executive leadership bench
- Manage press inquiries, support in prepping spokespeople, and staff briefings and speaking events
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners, and influencers in the business and tech press while educating them on DoorDash’s business and latest innovations
- Collaborate with sales team to devise press strategy around restaurant industry trade press
- Train and provide advice to DoorDash spokespeople to prepare them for press events and media interviews
- Develop impactful content, including writing blog posts, op-eds and presentations
- Work closely with brand marketing and social media, content, programs, and events leads to advance our business
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of professional PR experience; in-house and agency experience required
- Experience developing PR strategies and executing corporate and consumer communications campaigns
- Deep understanding of product, corporate and consumer communications
- Strong media contacts across business, consumer, and technology press
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (strong writer required)
- Results oriented: demonstrating intellect, strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Great contacts in business, consumer, tech media, and a love for networking
- Ability to act both independently and in a team setting
- Experience working cross-functionally and leading teams
- Demonstrate ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- A passion for food, startup culture, and new challenges
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.