The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
The Inventory Operations Manager will manage the departmental Inventory control, Restocking and Exception management activities including supervising a minimum staff of 50 plus specialist and two direct reports within the multi-site fulfillment center in accordance with company policies and procedures. This individual will be the owner of Inventory and will provide detailed root cause analysis on all inventory exceptions. They will work to reduce inventory issues to help maintain a shipping SLA of or above 98% of all orders batched by 3PM ship the same day.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring of Inventory control/Exception management specialists and Inventory QA Auditors.
- Provides training, sets performance goals and provides evaluative feedback to all direct reports.
- Runs the Fulfillment check in/check out process: whereas restock staff is responsible for moving goods interdepartmentally and ensuring that they are tracked and that no one except WH staff or LP touches pulls merchandise.
- Initiates, conducts and seeks appropriate approvals involving disciplinary action up to and including terminations of all violators of control processes.
- Partner with Loss Prevention and takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for fulfillment center's shrinkage performance.
- Be WMS and reporting tool super user. Assure adequate and timely training of staff on Warehouse Management System.
- Will work hand in hand with Inventory control/Restocking team.
- Full warehouse inventory responsibility and ownership including wall to wall inventories, mandatory cycle counts inventory audits.
- Assure inventory and restock compliance with corporate warehouse policies, procedures and programs.
- Stock consolidations based on depletion percentages by location.
- Inventory housekeeping.
- Detailed root cause analysis for exceptions/discrepancies and provide corrective action.
- Recommend changes in process to improve the warehouse area and operating efficiency. Continuous improvement is key.
- Monitor product movement within Warehouse Management System for historical data and analysis.
- Manage and provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting from Warehouse Management System extraction in proper format for analysis and Key Performance Indicator assessment.
- Execute daily inventory audit counts at levels in accordance to agreements and Key Performance Indicator’s.
- Monitor and control inventory variances, overseeing inventory adjustment validation and resolution process.
- Assure proper maintenance of inbound and outbound shipment records.
- Monitor and control warehouse processes and operation to insure timely visibility of product.
- Control/monitor proper documentation and labeling for the overall mapping of Warehouse Management System and its maintenance.
- Monitor all Key Performance Indicators associated with the current inventory in the Warehouse Management System, multiple warehouses and associated locations and report to management.
- Assist management in continuous training and education of the department staff and supervise cross-training.
- Planning and scheduling of team members based on workload requirements to execute tasks at high standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5+ years relevant work experience in a high volume, high sku Fulfillment center
- Strong inventory control/inventory Management experience
- Experience Managing 60+ people at a high volume Fulfillment Center
- Root cause analysis experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with large data sets and analyzing reports
- Great interpersonal skills
- Roll up the sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and explosive growth environment