iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
All this growth means that the complexity of our finance operations, reconciliation, treasury and payments have increased.
Working as part of our Finance Team and reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate would take on a range of tasks supporting our Treasury, Payments and Reconciliation Officer who has responsibility who has responsibility for finance operations
Initially, the main tasks and projects that the Operations Analyst would be responsible for will include:
- Solving complex issues as they arise to make sure our customers receive the best possible service and that our record keeping is accurate
- Reporting loan positions to investors and investigate any discrepancies
- Preparing daily reconciliation of our customer funding and collections
- Monitoring our intraday cash positions to ensure we meet our customers’ expectations
- Assisting the Treasury, Payments & Reconciliation Officer with tech and other projects to improve our operations
The role will also involve significant exposure to the wider Finance Team. As iwoca is growing rapidly, the responsibilities of this role will need to expand over time in line with our growth. As such, there is significant opportunity for learning and growing professionally within this role, as the responsibilities increase over time.
- Have a growth mindset and be able to improve and develop our processes as we grow
- Extremely accurate, possess an analytical mindset, excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- 1-2 years experience in investment or banking operations would be desirable otherwise some financial or reconciliation experience
- Be able to think on your feet and take ownership of your work
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Have at least a 2.1 degree or equivalent from a top university
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance