Farmdrop is looking for a Retail Operations Director who will be responsible for implementing the online commercial plan. You will work together with the CFO, CMO and COO to develop the ecommerce strategy of the site, and then implement the strategy to help grow our customer base and drive additional value from our existing loyal customers.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the technical experience to operate and manage the day-to-day running of the website and buying/merchandising of our products. You need to have experience working with ecommerce trading and marketing platforms. You will have a deep understanding of how these are optimised for best practice and performance and be able to recommend either optimization recommendations or new suppliers to help with the growth of the business.
As the Retail Operations Director, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day running of the Buying and Merchandising Team
- Managing relationships with our Suppliers including delivery accuracy/compliance
- Building and maintaining the product range and product lifecycle
- Inventory Management
- Tracking key website KPI’s
- Building price and promotional plans
- Preparing product led budgets
- Operational costs and trading margin
- Managing retail pricing in conjunction with the Finance Team
- Senior management level experience in online revenue management and decision making
- Experience within an online retail environment managing a Buying Team and product development
- Experience within the food sector
- Plan and implement a robust onsite merchandising programme including promotional activity to deliver improvements in Key Performance Indicators
- Experience of direct people leadership, including managers and individual contributors
- Experience leading cross functional disciplines or projects including stakeholder management, prioritisation, decision-making frameworks and resource influence
- Proven ability to analyse and draw actionable insights from qualitative and quantitative research
- Familiarity with financial analysis/forecasting
- A solid understanding of FMCG and retailer needs, with the proven ability to successfully strategise against those needs
- Strong technical and hands on experience related to data analytics development and modelling, especially within retail and e-commerce
- Recognised ability to link strategic insights to drive decision making and revenue generation
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Share Options
- Free lunch cooked daily by our on-site chef
- Friday beers (with amazing food of course)
- Food freebies
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (you can use this for gym, skills classes, yoga etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
On top of this we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials, Friday beers & nibbles to wrap up the week. We have a trendy new office based at Old Street which has many convenient transport links.