Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
As our new People Operations Lead, you will be our resident HR expert: you have been there, done that, or if not, you know what awesome looks like. Alongside Dan, our VP People & Talent, Vero and Catia, you will:
- develop a relationship with company leadership so they trust your counsel when it comes to leadership, employee relations and organisational design
- help us upgrade our new hire onboarding experience to rival the likes of Google and Netflix;
- review, challenge and run our performance review process;
- help embed OKRs into the company’s DNA;
- structure and launch an enviable L&D programme; and
- help build a compensation structure designed to scale with us.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top university in any discipline
- 3-4 years of HR / People Ops experience: ideally you have seen what good HR looks like at scale in a large company and then made your mark in a smaller organisation.
- You have a genuine passion for HR and a lot of opinions when it comes to performance management, compensation and L&D.
- You take pride in being commercially astute and understanding the business you serve: you know their business model, how they make money, who their key customers / suppliers / partners are - you see yourself not as an outsider but as a business builder
- You thrive in an unstructured environment and don’t mind ambiguity or changing priorities
- A people person with excellent communication and relationship-building skills
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)