Picarro is the world's leading provider of stable isotope and gas concentration measurement systems for science and industry. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. Picarro's technology is based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS).
- Remotely assist customers, from simple requests for documentation to detailed instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Hands-on diagnosis, repair and test gas analyzing instrumentation returned for repair. This includes multiple sub-systems including mechanical, electrical, optical and software.
- Be a good listener to really understand customer problems or questions in order to provide optimal solutions.
- Analyze and critically evaluate customer data to determine instrument health, proper experiment setup and provide guidance to customers on these issues.
- Work closely with other members of Picarro to solve problems properly and effectively.
- Develop and provide training:
- For direct customer support team of Technical Support Scientists
- For distributors representing our products world wide
- Travel to customer sites rarely required.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) or equivalent experience required. Science or Engineering field required. Advanced degree desired.
- Capacity to quickly learn complex technology behind Picarro products. Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Picarro product lines.
- Experience in a direct customer support role.
- Experience working with measurement equipment in an experimental laboratory setting. Former or present Picarro customer preferred.
- Self-starter that can resourcefully work independently, make necessary decisions, and follow through with action plans.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Incredible career development opportunity in an amazing high-technology company
- Complete meaningful work making a difference to the environment
- Be part a great close-knit team in a progressive culture
- Stock options in a pre-IPO company
- Competitive salaries
- 4 weeks Paid time off in year one
- Very competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fidelity 401K plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company sponsored tech talks, regular communication events, personal, leadership and functional employee training and managed career development
- Great culture with stand-out social events
Picarro, Inc. is the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas and optical stable isotope instruments, which are used in a wide variety of scientific and industrial applications, including: atmospheric science, air quality, greenhouse gas measurements, gas leak detection, food safety, hydrology, ecology and more. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. Picarro's products are based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) technology. Picarro’s solutions are unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and reliability.
Honors awarded the Company include the World Economic Forum Technology Innovation Pioneer, IHS CERA Energy Innovation Pioneer, the U.S. Department of Energy Small Business of the Year, the TiE50 Winner and the Red Herring Global 100 Winner.