Picarro is the world's leading provider of stable isotope and gas concentration measurement systems for science and industry. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. Picarro's technology is based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS).
- Remotely assist customers, from simple requests for documentation to detailed instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Hands-on diagnosis, repair and test gas analyzing instrumentation returned for repair. This includes multiple sub-systems including mechanical, electrical, optical and software.
- Be a good listener to really understand customer problems or questions in order to provide optimal solutions.
- Analyze and critically evaluate customer data to determine instrument health, proper experiment setup and provide guidance to customers on these issues.
- Work closely with other members of Picarro to solve problems properly and effectively.
- Develop and provide training:
- For direct customer support team of Technical Support Scientists
- For distributors representing our products world wide
- Travel to customer sites rarely required.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) or equivalent experience required. Science or Engineering field required. Advanced degree desired.
- Capacity to quickly learn complex technology behind Picarro products. Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Picarro product lines.
- Experience in a direct customer support role.
- Experience working with measurement equipment in an experimental laboratory setting. Former or present Picarro customer preferred.
- Self-starter that can resourcefully work independently, make necessary decisions, and follow through with action plans.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.