We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a world-class Design Director with the skills, vision and experience to establish Flexport as a company that embraces world-class design. Someone who will embody and empower the brand’s visual identity and expression, especially in digital environments. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You will own the design vision for making Flexport the world’s leading technology company in global trade via branding, advertising, digital and marketing campaigns
- You demonstrate mastery of designing all kinds of materials: digital, print, physical/experiential
- You will build a world-class design team, mentoring, managing and setting an example for less experienced art directors/designers and creatives
- You maintain the agility and flexibility to design everything from corporate identity and environmental signage to print ads and online banners to landing pages and emails to brochures and collateral to websites, social, mobile and video
- You will partner with creative and operational leadership to develop project plans, allocate resources and see work through to completion
- You can provide/present/collaborate on basic strategic input with colleagues
What you’ll need:
- You have a minimum of 8 years of design/art direction and experience in agency, in-house setting, online and traditional
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience helping to manage a design/creative team
- You have mastery of Adobe Creative Suite; fluency in Microsoft Office/Apple software (Word, PowerPoint, Keynote); 3D, video animation and HTML experience a huge plus
- You have experience working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You demonstrate a history of strong attention to detail and process
- You take ownership of projects assigned and ensure they meet agreed deadlines to agreed standards
- You have a University degree (undergraduate level) in design or another creatively or culturally interesting field and/or completion of an ad/design school program
- You have real-world experience in a creative or marketing related field
- You are experienced working in B2B or business marketing in complex categories
- You have a multi-hyphenated skill set: Digital-traditional-social, Advertising-marketing-content, Long-form and short-form content, Left-brain-right-brain-creative-strategic
- You have expert communication and presentation skills -- ability to connect marketing/design to practical usability and business value
- UX strategy/design a HUGE plus (user journeys, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping)
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.