ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is the only financial company that combines psychology and money to help people live happier lives.
Happy Money is composed of financial services professionals, research and clinical psychologists, data scientists, neuroscientists, designers, and technology experts, all working together to provide three primary experiences: Joy, Payoff and the Happy Money Score. Through our values of love, trust, and hustle, we take care of our employees, put the customer first, have a sense of humor, and get things done.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
- Add new functionality and iterate on existing products
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including deployment and support
- Collaborate with team to architect, design, and build products that improve customer 's lives
- Maximize software agility, maintainability, and extensibility
- Minimize the cost of change, feedback time, and time to recover from problems
- 7+ years experience with full lifecycle mobile software development
- Current experience and skills developing Native and ReactNative IOS and Android Applications
- Diverse track record of successfully delivering software for Internet-based businesses
- Strong hands-on experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience developing and integrating with API's or microservices
- Strong hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases
- A demonstrated passion for and currency with current modern software and Internet technologies and methodologies
- Solid experience with quality processes such as test-driven/behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication
We’d be ecstatic if you have the following:
- Development of high volume consumer facing mobile applications
- Experience with financial services systems
- Professional experience with Functional Programming and a strong understanding of Functional Programming Concepts
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
PERKS & BENEFITS!
- Rich employee medical benefits offering, some paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Generous vacation policy
- Immigration sponsorship for qualified candidates
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Happy Money Hour – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment