ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Hey, weary applicant!
Are you rummaging through job descriptions while asking yourself, “What is Happy Money?” or “What does Happy Money do?” or “Why is this job description asking me questions?”
In short, we change the way that people think about and use money.
Happy Money is a next-generation financial service that uses psychology and financial happiness products to help borrowers become savers.
Our goal is to disrupt revolving credit card debt and maximize happiness for people along the stages of their financial life through three primary experiences: Payoff, Joy, and Happy Money Score.
Payoff offers loans as a simpler way to say goodbye to credit card debt by reducing multiple high-interest payments into one low-rate monthly payment.
Joy is a mobile app that helps you track your finances and boost your well-being at the same time. Joy offers money coaching, a savings strategy, a unique way to track your spending, and shareable reads on finances and happiness, giving you a place to get organized, get on track, and get inspired. By breaking down purchases into “happy spending” and “sad spending,” you can tap into the psychology behind your buying—which can help you can spend happier and save more!
Happy Money Score incorporates a person's psychology and motivation to make credit decisions and financial recommendations that are more human. We're focused on the intersection between a person's psychology and how they make financial decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
- Add new functionality and iterate on existing products
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including deployment and support
- Collaborate with team to architect, design, and build products that improve customer 's lives
- Maximize software agility, maintainability, and extensibility
- Minimize the cost of change, feedback time, and time to recover from problems
- 7+ years experience with full lifecycle mobile software development
- We use React Native but are open to hiring iOS/Swift or Android/Kotlin specialists who are open to making the switch
- Diverse track record of successfully delivering software for Internet-based businesses
- Strong hands-on experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience developing and integrating with API's or microservices
- Strong hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases
- A demonstrated passion for and currency with current modern software and Internet technologies and methodologies
- Solid experience with quality processes such as test-driven/behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication
We’d be ecstatic if you have the following:
- Development of high volume consumer facing mobile applications
- Experience with financial services systems
- Professional experience with Functional Programming and a strong understanding of Functional Programming Concepts
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
WHY WE'RE AWESOME
- Rich employee medical benefits offering—most paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Unlimited vacation policy!
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, teas—whatever you’re into, we’ve got it!
- Weekly Happy Money Hour—we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Immigration sponsorship for qualified candidates