About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We’re looking for a smart and curious User Experience Designer with demonstrated experience managing UX projects in a collaborative environment. You’re the perfect candidate for our User Experience Design role if you have a discerning taste in interfaces, interaction design and digital experiences. You also can perform under pressure, act with professionalism, maturity, and have the ability to seamlessly manage complex digital initiatives, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
- Create innovative customer experiences and manage initiatives that drive growth and new opportunities for the company
- Facilitate discovery meetings that entail white boarding and brainstorming sessions to define business and project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Lead and manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, and moderating users)
- Determine and manage various types of UX deliverables and solutions throughout the lifecycle of a project, from brief to launch
- Communicate UX strategy and rationale for research, audits, personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content mapping, campaign flows and functional specs
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience
- Interface and lead projects with product managers, designers, brand managers, developers, and vendors
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other experience designers on additional projects when necessary
- 5+ years of experience working in a consumer-focused business/product
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Ability to critique the quality of both UX and visual designs to improve the final product
- Experience creating immersive websites, mobile websites, mobile applications, experiential elements and paid media campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives and guiding decisions for new enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required