You will be the person accountable for designing, implementing and maintaining an effective operations function which will underpin ASI’s growth in a scalable and sustainable way. Working closely with all the different teams, you will experiment with new processes and challenge existing ones, to deliver outstanding day-to-day operations. You will help us achieve 100% growth over the next 12 months and new expansion into overseas markets. This role is an exciting challenge that will require you to be a resilient, energetic, visionary leader ready to debate big ideas as well as delve into the details.
- Be one of ASI’s strategic leads, working alongside the Heads of People and Finance to keep ASI running smoothly for our people and clients
- Lead our operations services including Office and Facilities, Events, Tech Tools, Sales Support and General Administration
- Trailblaze our sustainable growth and expansion into international markets
The Operations team at ASI is a small agile team and you’ll have the opportunity to grow your team over time. Because we are still a relatively small organisation, you will have the opportunity to make your mark immediately. Your role will include planning for the future, leading the team and delivering on your priorities. Furthermore, we believe that the best leaders are the ones who roll their sleeves up and muck in; we hope you agree.
ASI Data Science is a world leader in data science, machine learning and AI, and our mission is to bring the benefits of AI to everyone. We're proud to have worked on over 250 data science/AI projects including counter-terrorism for the UK Home Office and building a predictive algorithm for a London bus company to identify potential delays in routes.
We are a tech start-up, founded in 2014. We are now a company of more than 60 based in Marylebone, London. In the next year, we look to continue the growth trajectory - doubling in size once again. We care profoundly about our values and think carefully how everything we do should embody those values. We look for driven, thoughtful, collaborative team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission and being part of our journey to building a great organisation.
- Be part of the team helping to deliver benefits of AI to the society
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Work alongside exceptional and lovely people
- Lead and building a high performing team
- Engage in interesting and challenging work and the opportunity to make the role your own
- Equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- Have ownership of your time with unlimited holiday and support for flexible working
- An environment that is extremely supportive for anyone who’s keen to learn and improve
- The freedom to further your skill set, driven by you
We’ll expect you to get under the skin of our business, taking the time to understand our people, our clients and our operating model. Equipped with a thorough knowledge of who we are and what we do, you will be responsible for designing and implementing services and processes that meet our needs.
ASI has major growth plans on the horizon, so everything you do needs to be scalable. You will play a pivotal role in helping us meet the expectations of our growing client base and expand into international markets smoothly and effectively.
As a rapidly growing organisation, roles are dynamic and subject to change. Your role will evolve alongside business needs, but you can expect your key responsibilities to include:
- Leading our key operations functions including Office & Facilities, Events, Tech Tools, Sales Support and Administration
- Understanding the operational needs in light of ASI’s growth strategy, values and from teams within ASI
- Devising our strategy to scale operations services in line with ASI business needs
- Collaboratively and proactively designing operational services in line with the scaling strategy
- Setting standards of operational excellence, and designing systems and processes to ensure these standards are met
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders within ASI to ensure the operations services are fulfilling the needs of the organisation
- Building strong relationships with key external stakeholders to ensure that outsourced or bought-in services meet expectations
- Controlling and managing the budgets for the operations services you lead, prioritising spending and finding methods to drive down overhead costs where possible
- Ensuring compliance with the legal responsibilities of ASI operations (e.g. Health & Safety, GDPR), seeking advice where needed
- Partnering with the strategic leads within the Operations team to develop the broader operational strategy of ASI
- Providing leadership to the overall operations team
- Providing activity and development management to members of the operations team in line with ASI’s leadership framework
We encourage diversity of thought and experience as we believe that this leads to stronger collaboration and problem solving. So whilst we are looking for someone with some relevant experience, it need not be in a similar organisation.
- A collaborative working style and approach to problem solving
- The ability to lead a team in a flat structure, and adapt your leadership style to the values of ASI
- The ability to plan, manage and deliver organisation-wide projects
- Strong service design skills, which mean you put the client (ASI people or external clients) at the heart of your approach
- A “scaling mindset” - always designing services and leading with organisational growth in mind
- An “owner’s mindset” - always considering the bigger picture, and the success of ASI as a whole
- A willingness to invert your thinking - taking alternative viewpoints, testing assumptions and looking for the best possible outcome
- A clear communication style with strong relationship building skills, the ability to manage people’s expectations and foster trust
- A comfortable attitude towards the ambiguity that comes from an ever-changing start-up environment