Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for an ambitious Operations Executive to help fine-tune the end-to-end subscription experience of our customers. You will be joining a dedicated team whose job is to ensure the Drover wheels keep turning smoother and faster every day. You will work on one or more of the following processes:
- run affordability and driving history checks on new customer leads and make approval decisions based on ever changing criteria
- liaise with our fleet partners to add new vehicles to the Drover platform: all car listings should have the wow factor with beautiful photos and an accurate description
- sort out after-sale friction: improve subscription fulfilment by finding an alternative when the originally booked car turns out to be unavailable
- fight whatever fires need fighting to make sure the customer gets a car to their satisfaction within the promised timeframe
If super fast growth and a steep learning curve excite you, this could be the one for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- An organised individual with an eye for detail: you are the first to spot errors and typos
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hands-on
- Great communication and stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with Excel
- Good knowledge of Photoshop (preferable but not essential)
- A keen interest in cars (preferable but not essential)
When you ask a Droverinho/a what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Health & Life Insurance
- Awesome startup office in central Lisboa
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)