Lever was founded to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
As a Product Support Specialist, you’ll work directly with our Customer Service and Technical Support teams to to manage inbound interactions and reported issues in Zendesk along with working with our Support Engineers to help resolve bugs and improve the product. You’ll sit at the intersection between our product and customer-facing teams to solve issues and drive product improvements. At Lever, we take every question, comment, and piece of customer feedback seriously and use it to shape our product and roadmap. You should be organized, calm under pressure, and love inbox-zero as much as we do. Our customer-centric approach is a key differentiator for Lever in the market, and we pride ourselves on getting back to customers within minutes or hours, not days.
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team in a fast-growing startup working to making hiring more transparent, strategic, and effective. Product Support at Lever holds the deepest product knowledge and our challenge is to improve and scale operations to keep up with our rapidly increasing book of customers. You will support our customers and serve as their advocate within the company. In this role, you will quickly learn the ins and outs of the recruiting process and develop personal relationships with hiring teams at some of the most innovative startups and companies in the world.
Product Support at Lever is a small, cohesive team that works with Customer Service and Support Team under the umbrella of Customer Success. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience to every customer, and Product Support gets to do that at the highest level, digging deep into the product to identify the root cause of an issue, work with Product and Engineering to get things resolved, and own the communication with the customers. This level of the Customer Service and Support team is staffed by people who have a balanced mix of technical and people skills, who are passionate about supporting their customers and their team, and who are driven to create a customer experience that is unparalleled!
THE SKILL SET
- We’re looking for a co-worker who is independent, self-motivated, empathetic, and passionate about supporting our customers and providing them with a great experience.
- It's critical that you are product-savvy and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever). You are comfortable working with technology, and diving deep into the product to understand what is happening.
- You have an ability to communicate with Product and Engineering teams effectively.
- Past experience with technical customer service (email, phone or live)
- Experience with technical diagnostic tools like Kibana
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform.
- Learn all internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk, Intercom, Asana, Salesforce, Lever Admin, Chrome Console) and demonstrate ability to use them effectively through teach-back sessions with Product Support Specialists.
- Answer customer questions efficiently and within established SLAs.
- Become an expert on the product: apply problem solving to provide creative solutions to users, investigate/document bugs, contribute to prioritization of feature requests.
- Answer customer questions efficiently and within established SLAs Learn internal process for working with the rest of the Customer Success and Product teams.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Work directly with Product Managers, Support Engineering, and the Service and Support team to troubleshoot bugs and provide resolutions to customers.
- Assist in being the voice of the customer to Program Managers and engineering teams to help prioritize bugs and understand how certain product changes will affect customers.
- Write/edit/contribute to documentation, training materials, and help articlesInterface with Customer Success to effectively assist in new customer on-boarding.
- Assist in on-boarding new Customer Service Representatives and Technical Support Specialists by providing training and guidance on troubleshooting and escalation processes.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Provide input to Service and Support leadership for overall process improvements to the ways that we support and onboard our team members.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by evaluating/interviewing candidates; don’t worry--we’ll make sure you’re trained so you’re set up for success!
- Identify opportunities to iterate on training processes for the existing team and for new Product Support Specialists.
- Perform trainings with the Create and maintain documentation around processes on an ongoing basis.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Proactively identify issues that may arise with new features and product enhancements and work with the Product Launch specialist to create escalation paths in advance of rollouts.
- Partner with Product Operations to roll out new features, providing insights and contributing to a shared cross-functional reality.
- Improve processes across the Service and Support teams where they intersect with Product Support.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.