Wimbledon, London, UK
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a proactive and innovative achiever, likes to wear multiple hats, learn new technologies and who wants to become a key part of our growing team! We are currently ranked on the Deloitte Fast 500 and we have just moved into a new office in central Wimbledon, 3x the size of our old office, to allow for the expansion and growth of our team.
This is one of those roles where you will need to multi-task and throw yourself into different challenges regularly, meaning each day can be different!
Deskpro makes a helpdesk platform – so we make the software that thousands of other companies use themselves to provide customer support. We support large organizations such as HMRC, Microsoft, Vodafone as well as smaller businesses, which means support is very varied and we get insights into a lot of different industries.
We offer both Cloud and On-Premise versions of our software, and are continuously adding new features and working on new projects, so there is always a lot going on! We want the next addition to our team to come and work alongside our Commercial team to help us improve the overall experience of our customers as well as overall product.
What you will be doing
Customer Support/Service = Time spent: 70%
- Communicate with leads/customers using our helpdesk (tickets, email, live chat) to resolve technical issues and answer technical inquiries
- Help customers install software on their own machines (Linux and Windows) and suggest improvements to our installer systems.
- Liaise with the dev team about technical issues/bugs and anything that needs to be escalated. Take charge for ensuring the resolution of any issues.
- Write knowledgebase articles on common technical FAQs and resolutions to common issues to improve our self-help content
- Manage customer server installations of Deskpro On-Premise
QA = Time spent: 20%
- Manage the testing of our VMs, installers, integrations, updates etc.
- Verify fixes and collaborate with the dev team on regressions and improvements
- Help to write manual test guides for general product testing and new releases
- Help reproduce technical bugs/issues and ensure resolution of these
Product/Documentation = Time spent: 10%
- Work to improve the content of our Developer and System Administration manuals (our user guide documentation)
- Propose improvements around usability of the technical aspects of our platform and feed into the dev/product team
Our ideal candidate would be able to hit that sweet spot between technical and customer-facing role, with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and desire to become the first of our technical support gurus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are desired (you’ve probably found a mistake or two in this job ad)
- Experience in a technical support/customer service facing role
- Comfort with IT and ability to learn how to support Deskpro’s technical elements (e.g installing software on servers, APIs, integrations, installers, data migration etc.)
- A rapid ability to learn. Deskpro is a powerful product (see the manuals) and you’ll be excited by the prospect of a large product to learn, understand and support
- Our customers use Deskpro in all sorts of different ways and integrate it with a range of other products and services. You’ll be faced regularly with requests for help about something you’ve not heard of or thought about before. You’ll enjoy that and the opportunity to find an answer!
- Ability and desire to multitask between the different support, QA and documentation aspects of this role and take on the different responsibilities of each space
Brownie points if you have:
- Experience in a startup, tech or web hosting company
- A love of problems solving and troubleshooting issues
- Knowledge of different operating systems, servers and experience managing self-hosted products
- Good sense of humour (we like to have fun too!) and intuitiveness
- Competitive salary £25 - 37k, dependant on experience
- Lovely new offices in Central Wimbledon; 3 minute walk from the overground, tube and tram, as well as being on numerous bus routes
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants and gyms
- Summer BBQ's on the terrace
- Bike storage
- Parking options
- Friday lunches and office snacks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Opportunity to be a thought leader in the provision of modern customer service.
- Small but growing company atmosphere (direct reports are CEO and CTO) – let us know what you think as your opinion really matters
No recruiters please