We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200 based in central London, Munich and Paris. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've also just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a great Data Scientist to join our Marketing Data Science team. We work alongside our Marketing teams to develop bidding, targeting, and messaging strategy, test new channels, and evaluate performance. There’s opportunity within our growing portfolio to work across DRTV, Paid Search, SEO, CRM, Social and Display channels. Our mission is to promote a culture of the best in class testing and experimentation within our Marketing department and you will help formulate and engrain these approaches.
The right candidate is self-driven, has passion for data and above all is excited about putting Data Science at the heart of Marketing Strategy.
What you will do
- You will work with large, complex data sets, solving hard problems using advanced data modelling, classification and prediction
- You will collaborate with other Data Scientists, Analysts and stakeholders to identify opportunities for, and assess improvements to carwow's Marketing strategy
- You will focus on interesting and challenging projects such as user segmentation, incrementality and digital Marketing optimisation and complex prediction tasks
- You will self-identify opportunities and use advanced Data Science techniques to deliver smart solutions, e.g. NLP, Data visualisation etc.
- Work with great technology such as Snowflake, Airflow, CircleCI, Amazon AWS, Heroku, Fivetran etc.
- Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
- 2-3 years proven track record of making a business impact with Data Science
- Extensive experience using Data and Analytics to drive Marketing decisions
- Strong Python and/or R
- Proficiency with Git workflow and experience contributing to shared code bases
- Excellent SQL, RDB and data structures knowledge
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis