Our mission at GOAT is to create a trusted platform for buying and selling sneakers safely. We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our small DevOps team. In this role you will help develop our cloud-native infrastructure and services that support GOAT's engineering teams to scale their applications that serve millions of users worldwide. We’re looking for an engineer that is very product driven and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Improve our internal PaaS that allows teams to manage their own applications
- Design core infrastructure and platform components for a fast-growing start-up
- Scale for capacity and traffic spikes of 10x normal load during high-volume events
- Implement defenses against security threats, bots, and malicious actors
- Enhance our chat-based deployment, build, and orchestration systems
- Be on call for the rare infrastructure-level issues that haven’t already been automated
- Automate infrastructure so that pager escalations continue to be rare
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on infrastructure and cloud architecture
- Extensive experience managing complex technical architecture deployed to AWS
- Strong professional experience with AWS (Cloudformation is a plus)
- Strong programming skills, i.e. Go, Python, Ruby
- Experience reading shell and deciphering build scripts
- Experience running Docker in production
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of Postgres, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch are a plus
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.