We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code, components and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Pair and mentor other members of the development team
- Excellent understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, SCSS and SASS
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, Websockets and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Note: A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good pay in USD
- Work for a fast growing Silicon Valley startup with an office in Colima
- Awesome office with new equipment, computers, monitors and gaming lounge
- Accelerated growth in your career through industry leading mentors / coworkers
- Internal promotion path into management or other areas of interest
- Fun and friendly team members
- Free lunch every day
- Free snacks, drinks, caffeine and more