MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $38B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 16 people and we are just getting started.
Our existing tech stack is a React and Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services that’s deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS and using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help create systems that respond to load, usage and event processing.
- Help in implementing newer architectural patterns like event sourcing or CQRS.
- Identify, monitor, and help fix performance and quality bottlenecks across the whole stack.
- Create programmatic, reproducible infrastructure using a variety of tools including K8, Docker, Ansible, Terraform
- Create and maintain developer tooling to minimize errors and maximize reuse.
- Own deployment tooling to maximize speed and frequency of releases.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team
What we’re looking for:
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or relevant engineering or ops experience.
- Deep cloud experience, preferably AWS, including AWS value added services in addition to basic compute/db resources.
- Deep experience with Github, CI tools like Jenkins and CM tools like Chef, Ansible.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- Experience with daily and weekly releases in a CD environment.
- Someone who is comfortable walking the line between techops and developer productivity tooling.
- You have proven mastery building systems and automation with tools like Bash, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Bonus points if you have experience running containers or K8 in production.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.