TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Bokun is a fast-growing subsidiary of TripAdvisor Inc., and seeks a Senior Business Development Manager to expand its partnerships footprint across the globe.
The Senior Business Development manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with strategic partners and large suppliers. The objective is to scale the Bokun business rapidly and sustainably. You are an inquisitive and inspiring contributor who takes ownership of the vision for growth and you’ll drive Experiences towards being a key contributor to TAMG’s success.
You report directly to the Director of Business Development at Bokun, and work closely with Product and Engineering leads across the Bokun team. You possess a strong technical background, sound judgement, and good business sense. You thrive on the ability to build relationships with clients quickly, and are analytically minded when solving problems.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Build a detailed understanding of the Bokun product suite as well as the day-to-day and distribution needs of suppliers and resellers of in-destination services
- Ability to quickly gain extensive knowledge of Bokun’s platform functionality as well as learn the process and logic which makes the Bokun platform best in class
- Be able to demonstrate the product suite to sophisticated customers with complicated needs
- Devise and execute a growth strategy in line with our overall business goals
- Negotiate and close commercial partnerships that support the long-term growth of the business
- Negotiate and close commercial partnerships with large suppliers and resellers and maintain relationships with them as their account manager
- Work closely with other members of the Bokun organization, including onboarding, sales, marketing, analytics and customer service
- Participate in conferences for lead generation and partnerships
- Maintain and share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, and opportunities
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exhibit determination and resilience in the face of obstacles or challenges
- Treat problems as puzzles finding creative and ingenious solutions
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Show curiosity and inquisitiveness in all areas and functions of the business
- Takes ownership and accountability over critical outcomes that the business needs
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner. Ability to persuade and influence key decision makers across various functions throughout the business
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Proven ability to develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
Key Skills / Experience
- 6+ years of business development and distribution experience; with at least 2 years working in a SaaS environment
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, fast growth business strongly preferred
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines